Professional development is critical to organisation and team performance.
Discretionary effort - going that bit further for the team and organisation - is driven by engagement, and professional development is one of the most consistently cited tools available to leaders to increase engagement.
Increase in performance from engaged employees.
Lack of future career and development opportunities reason for employees leaving.
1% employee engagement improvements leads to 4% NPS improvement.
“The key to a successful development program is to ensure that all employees have a plan for development and clear accountabilities for making progress on their plans.”
The my career habit difference
1. 'My' MotivationFind the why to get the buy-in.
2. Identify blockersTo overcome resistance.
3. Clear first stepsTo build momentum.
4. Remind & reinforceTo maintain progress.
5. Expectation shiftTo make this a habit.
"Love your delivery Steve - always fantastic workshops; practical and useful.
Its great to get a different perspective on what development means."